2nd fleece 17.4µ, 3.2sd, 18.5%cv
4th fleece 17.2µ, 3.3sd, 19.4%cv
6th fleece 19.9µ, 4.1sd, 98.3%cf
10th fleece 21.7µ, 4.3sd, 20%cv, 95%cf
12th fleece 22.5µ, 4.3sd, 19.2%cv, 94.7%cf
13th fleece 21.4µ, 4.1sd, 19.4%cv, 97.1%cf
Senior Champion Male - Sydney Royal 2009
Supreme Mid/Dark Fawn - Victoria Colourbration Show 2009
Mid/Dark Fawn Champion - AlpacaFest 2010
Supreme Mid/Dark Fawn Fleece - Victoria Colourbration Show 2010
Rising Sun has proven himself as a super stud and his genetics are highly sought after both nationally and internationally. Many of his high quality and champion progeny have been exported to Germany, Holland, Sweden, UK and Australia.
As a mature working male at over 12 years old, he’s carrying a fleece of 22.5 micron and is a genetically fine male, with minimal variation in his micron over the past 5 years.
His soft handle, extreme density, brightness and well defined, high frequency crimp are traits that he is consistently passing onto his progeny. Rising Sun's gentle and laid back disposition is another desirable trait passed onto his progeny.
Rising Sun’s cria range in colour from white to fawns, browns, grey and black. Standout traits passed on are - fineness, fleece length, density and extreme lustre.
Progeny show highlights:
- Shamarra Roaring Meg ET - Supreme Champion Brown at Victoria Colourbration 2012, multiple broad ribbons won in New Zealand
- Shamarra Lone Star - Supreme Fawn at S.I. Colourbration 2013 Supreme Champion at Ashburton 2013
- Shamarra Venus - National Intermediate Female Champion and National Mid/Dark Fawn Champion 2014
- Shamarra Xian - National Mid/Dark Fawn Champion 2015
- Shamarra Mossimo - National Adult Male Champion 2016
- Shamarra Olympia - Finest Fleece (14.4u) National Show 2017
- Shamarra Diesel - National Supreme Champion 2018 - judged by Amanda Vandenbosch
- Stoneleigh Celtic Explorer - National Champion Intermediate Male 2018